|Doctor Name||Atul Maini|
|Education & Training|
|Medical Education||King George's Medical University, India|
|Residency In Internal Medicine||Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY|
|Fellowship In Nephrology||Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY|
|Certifications||American Board of Internal Medicine, Nephrology|
Dr. Atul Maini is a certified internist and nephrologist at Sai Nephrology. He provides quality care to the residents of Hazlet and Freehold area of New Jersey. He primarily focuses on preventing and educating patients on the progression of kidney diseases in a comfortable medical environment. Dr. Maini attended King George’s Medical University for his medical degree. He completed his fellowship training in nephrology at Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center. He then received his certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine with a focus on nephrology. An avid researcher, Dr. Maini has authored several articles in his field. He is an attending physician at Bayshore Community Hospital, Community Medical Center, and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, to name a few. Fluent in English, Hindi, Urdu, and Punjabi, he believes in transparent communication with his patients. His extensive knowledge and calm demeanor ensure that every individual has a positive experience at the practice.
Awards & Publications
Peer Reviewed Publications:
1.Positron Emission Tomography-A Tool for Identifying the Effects of Alcohol Dependence on the Brain
Dean F. Wong, M.D., Ph.D., Atul Maini, M.D., Olivier G. Rousset, Ph.D., and James Robert Brašic, M.D., M.P.H.
Alcohol Research and Health (Published by National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism)
Journal Title : Alcoholic Brain Disease, Volume 27, Number 2, 2003
2. Sciatic schwannoma of the thigh detected on bone scan – A case report
Maini A, Tripathi M, Shekar C, Malhotra A
CLINICAL IMAGING 2003, 27 (3): 191-193
3. Prognostic significance of captopril renography for managing congenital unilateral hydronephrosis.
J Urol 2002, Volume: 168(5), Pages: 2158-61
Bajpai M, Puri A, Tripathi M, Maini A.
Comment by Editor
4. 11C-MCG: Synthesis, Uptake Selectivity and Primate PET of a Probe for Glutamate Carboxypeptidase II (NAALADase)
Martin Pomper, John L. Musachio, Jiazhong Zhang, Yun Zhou, Ursula Scheffel, John Hilton, Atul Maini, Robert F. Dannals, Dean F. Wong and Alan P. Kozikowski
Molecular Imaging, 2002, Vol 1, No 2, 96-101
5. Thymoma with Pure Red Cell Aplasia – Demonstrated by Tc-99m tetrofosmin SPECT
Clinical Nuclear Medicine – 2000, 25 (5): 384-385
Patel C, Maini A, Punjabi G, Dasan B, Bal CS
6. Aspirin Renography in the diagnosis of renovascular hypertension: a comparitive study with captopril renography.
Maini A, Gambhir S, Singhal M, Kher V
Nuclear Medicine Communications, 2000, 21:325-331 Comment by Editor,
7. Pediatric Duodenal Perforation Demonstrated by Hepatobiliary Imaging
Maini A, Patel C, Agarwal S, Kumar A, Dasan B
Clinical Nuclear Medicine , 25:41-43, 1999
8. Gastric Emptying in patients with non ulcer dyspepsia (dysmotility type)
Mittal BR, Dhiman RK, Maini A, Sewatkar AB, Das BK
Tropical Gastroenterology. 1997, 18:67-69
9. Endoscopic management of perforation of right hepatic duct following non-surgical abdominal trauma
Sharma BC, Maini A, Saraswat VA
HPB Surgery, 1997, 10:245-247
10. Role of captopril renography in diagnosis of renovascular hypertension
Mittal BR, Arora P, Kher V, Singhal M, Maini A, Das BK
American Journal of Kidney Diseases, 1996;28:209-213.
Times Cited: 20
11. Peritoneo-pleural communication associated with cirrhotic ascites : scintigraphic demonstration. Mittal BR, Maini A, Das BK
Abdominal Imaging, 1996;21:79-80
Times Cited: 5
12 Comparitive Evaluation of Scintigraphy and Upper Gastrointesitnal Endoscopy for Detection of Duodenogastric Reflux.
Mittal B.R., Ibbrarullah M, Agarwal DK, Maini A, Sikora SS, Das BK
Annals of Nuclear Medicine, Vol 8, No 3, August 1994
13. Multiplane Dobutamine Ventriculography (RNV) for Diagnosis of CAD
Gambhir S, Sethi RS, Gupta S, Maini A, Kalawat TC, Sharma AR, Sinha N, Das BK
Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine, 1999, Vol 14, No 3, 136-141.
14. Evaluation of Renal Functional Reserve in Membranous Glomerulonephritis and Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis
Das BK, Pradhan PK, Maini A, Arora R, Sharma RK
Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine, 1998,Vol 13, No. 1, 39-41
15. Choledochal Cyst : Scintigraphic findings and correlation with other imaging modalities.
Mittal BR, Ibrarullah Md, Sewatkar AB, Shukla AK, Maini A, Das BK
Indian Jounrnal of Nuclear Medicine, 1997, Vol 12, No. 4, 211-215
16. Role of 99mTc-Mebrofenin in Evaluation of Neonatal Cholestasis Syndrome.
Maini A, Khanduri A, Gambhir S, Yacha SK, Das BK
Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine, 1997, Vol 12 , No.2, 84-87
17. Measurement of GFR using 99mTc-DTPA : A Comparitive Analysis of Gates and Plasma Clearance Techniques
Mittal BR, Kher V, Gulati S, Maini A, Arora P, Kumar U, Das BK
Indian Journal of Nephrology, 1996, 1: 4-8
1. Maini A, Patel C, Malhotra AK (2000) Nuclear Imaging in Pediatric Nephrology
In : Gupta DK (ed): Textbook of Neonatal Surgery, 1st edition. Modern
Publishers, New Delhi
2. Maini A : Estimation of Left Ventricular Volume in Nuclear Cardiology (2001)
Pant GS (ed) : Statistical and Mathematical Techniques in Nuclear Medicine Himalaya Publishing House. New Delhi
1. Comparison of Biopsy and Renal Scintigraphy in Diagnosis of Renal Allograft Dysfunction(Oral). Best Paper Award
Anshu R, Maini A, Mittal S, Kher V, Das BK.
IJNM (Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine), Vol 9, no 1, 1994
2. Young Investigator Award : Presented by the Indian American Society of Nuclear Medicine for the best abstract submitted from India to 49th Annual meeting of SNM, Los Angeles, CA, USA, June 15-19, 2002
Comparison of Losartan Renography with Captopril Renal Scintigraphy for diagnosis of Renal Artery Stenosis in kidneys with impaired renal function
Dasan B, Maini A*, Kumar R, Agarwal SK, Srivastava SK, Srivastava DN , Malhotra A, Choudhary SK
Journal of Nuclear Medicine 2002; 43(5 Supplement): 143